SAFETY ON SITE
Cages must be located outdoors and as a guide:
- At least 2 metres from any opening into a building.
- At least 1 metre from the hose reach of an LPG automotive or cylinder filling distributor.
- At least 1.5 metres (horizontally) and/or 0.5 metre (vertically) from any ignition source.
- At least 2 metres from drains, pits, basements or fuel dispensers.
- At least 3 metres from any tank containing LPG.
- At least 3 metres from LPG tanks remote fill point.
- At least 3 metres from above ground tanks containing dangerous goods other than LPG.
- A minimum 0.5 metre controlled zone from combustible materials.
- Clear on at least two sides from walls, solid displays or obstacles that may restrict airflow.
- Protective bollards may be installed around a cage if located in a trafficable area.
- Must not hinder or endanger the means of escape from the premises or adjoining premises.